DSc in Philology, Professor, Institute of Literary Criticism of Janka Kupala of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Republic of Belarus
Graduated from the Faculty of Philology of Kuleshov Mogilev State Pedagogical Institute in 1983.
Formation of Old Belarusian book poetry in the 16th – the 1st half of the 17th centuries (1989)
Publicistic literature of Belarus in the 2nd half of the 16th – the 17th centuries: issues of poetics (2001)
Scientific and organisational activities:
Author of 9 monographs; over 300 scientific publications on problems of philology, history and philosophy. 7 editions of monuments of Belarusian writing and literature, dating from the 10th century to the 1st half of the 20th, are prepared. The specimens of 9 centuries of Belarusian literature have for the first time brought together and adapted for the Russian-speaking reader in the book “Monuments of Belarusian Literature from the 10th to the 18th Centuries”. The author of historical novels and essays, maintaining an unbreakable spiritual bond between the present and the past epochs.
Member of the Union of Writers of Belarus.
1993 – Award of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
1999 – Bahuševič Award of Belarusian PEN centre.
2012 – Winner of the literary prize “Golden Cupid”.
2017 – Laureate of the International Award “Commonwealth Star”.
Selected scientific publications:
- The magic of the word. Belarusian writers of the XII–XVII centuries: essays. Minsk, Fiction Publ., 2019. 318 p. (In Belarus.)
- Poetics and semiotics of journalistic literature in Belarus of the 16th – 17th centuries. Minsk, Nauka Publ., 2012. 463 p. (In Belarus.)
- Aurea mediocritas: literary culture of Belarus: Renaissance and early Baroque. Minsk, Technologies Publ., 1998. 319 p. (In Belarus.)
- Apostle of Unity and Faith: Josyf Rutsky. Minsk, Science and Technology Publ., 1994. 72 p. (In Belarus.)
- Symon Budny, humanist and reformer. Minsk, University Publ., 1993. 223 p. (In Belarus.)
- Poetry of Old Belarus, the 16th – the first half of the 17th centuries. Minsk, Science and Technology Publ., 1992. 254 p. (In Belarus.)
- Chancellor of the Grand Duchy: Lew Sapieha. Minsk, Science and Technology Publ., 1992. 64 p. (In Belarus.)
- Ostap Volovich: historical and biographical essay. Minsk, Polymya Publ., 1992. 94 p. (In Belarus.)
Preparation for publication (compilation, scientific editing, commenting)
- Zaretsky, M., Dream, A. Works. Minsk, Fiction Publ., 2018. 702 p. (Golden Collection of Belarusian Literature. Vol. 17). (In Belarus.)
- Masterpieces of writing and literature of Belarus of the X–XVII centuries. Minsk, Belarus Publ., 2016. 567 p. (In Belarus.)
- A boat of treasures: works of Belarusian writers of the 19th – early 20th centuries. Minsk, Belarus Publ., 2015. 319 p. (In Belarus.)
- A treasure trove of wisdom and grace. Folklore and literary monuments of Belarus. Moscow, Fiction Publ., 2010. 712 p. (In Russ.)
- From “novel strokes” to philosophical tendencies. Belarusian Thought, no. 8, 2020, pp. 40–47. (In Belarus.)
- The mission of the great educator. In: Francisk Skaryna – spiritual saint of Belarus. Minsk, 2019, pp. 56–72. (In Belarus.)
- Diplomat and master of the word. Flame, no. 7, 2018, pp. 145–173. (In Belarus.)
- The variety of genres of old Belarusian prose of the X–XVIII centuries: problems of attribution and classification. In: Axiological range of fiction. Vitsebsk, 2017, pp. 233–237. (In Belarus.)
- Belarusian literature and literary criticism: the potential for cooperation with writers and philologists of the CIS countries. In: Development of scientific ties at a new stage: dialogue and cooperation. Baku, 2016, pp. 23–29. (In Russ.)
- Dignity as the basis of being and social creativity. In: The logic of dignity and freedom of the individual, comp. and scientific. edition L.F. Evmenov. Minsk, Belaruskaya Navuka, 2016. pp. 205–224. (In Belarus.)
- The first Belarusian novel. Belaya Vezha, no. 7, 2014, pp. 9–43. (In Russ.)
- Francisk Skorina – Belarusian pioneer printer, philologist and intellectual writer. In: Scriptura mundi. Sofia, Balkan Media Publ., 2014. pp. 277–281. (In Russ.)
- Belarusian literature of the Renaissance. Flame, no. 8, 2013, pp. 128–139. (In Belarus.)