DSc in Philology, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1834-4488
Graduated from the Institute of Russian Studies at the University of Warsaw (diploma with honours) in 2007; in 2011, postgraduate programme in the field of Russian literature.
Interned at Georg August University of Göttingen (2013) and at the Russian State University for the Humanities in Moscow (2014, 2015; «Aurora» programme scholar).
Leo Tolstoy's diaries (1847–1865) as a reflection of everyday-life and being considerations (2011)
Research and organisational activities:
Involved in the organisation of international academic conferences and seminars, including:
“Leo Tolstoy and the press of his time” (Warsaw, 2018);
“Literary journals in theoretical and historical and cultural aspects” (Katowice, 2017);
“The press in the Russian historical and literary process” (Warsaw, 2015);
“Literary Russian studies: self-consciousness, geocultural variability, boundaries of the profession” (Sofia, Bulgaria 2015);
Initiator and organiser of international conferences of young philologists at the University of Warsaw (2007–2012).
Scientific publications – more than 40 papers.
Selected scientific publications:
Preparation for publication (compilation, scientific editing, commentary)
- The Press in the Russian Historical-Literary Process, eds. J. Piotrowska, F. Winokurow. Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Instytutu Komunikacji Specjalistycznej i Interkulturowej Publ., 2017. 190 p. (In Polish)
- Russian literature: texts and contexts III, eds. J. Piotrowska, M. Łukaszewicz. Warszawa, Instytut Rusycystyki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego Publ., 2013, 298 p. (In Polish)
- Russian literature: texts and contexts II, eds. J. Damm, P. Hoch, M. Łukaszewicz, J. Piotrowska. Warszawa, Instytut Rusycystyki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego Publ., 2012, 274 p. (In Polish)
- Russian literature: texts and contexts I, eds. M. Łukaszewicz, J. Celmer, J. Piotrowska. Warszawa, Instytut Rusycystyki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego Publ., 2011, 404 p. (In Polish)
- Russian literature in the European context III, eds. J. Piotrowska, M. Łukaszewicz. Warszawa, Instytut Rusycystyki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego, 2010, 291 p. (In Polish)
- Russian literature in the European context II, eds. J. Piotrowska. Warszawa, Instytut Rusycystyki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego Publ., 2009, 380 p. (In Polish)
Web of Science / Scopus publications
- Specifics of the Polish reception of Leo Tolstoy in the light of the “Russia vs Europe” opposition (on the material of the 1908 jubilee responses). Slověne, vol. 8, no. 1, 2019, pp. 352–367. (In Russ.)
- Russian and Polish humour magazines about Leo Tolstoy's last will. Przegląd Rusycystyczny, no. 3 (155), 2016, pp. 61–78. (In Russ.)
- Leo Tolstoy's departure from his estate in Yasnaya Polyana in the Warsaw press: first reports. Przegląd Rusycystyczny, no. 3 (147), 2014, pp. 37–47. (In Russ.)
- Leo Tolstoy in Poland: Materials for a bibliography (1990–2008). Slavica Revalensia, vol. 5, 2018, pp. 329–351. (In Russ.)
- Poems on Leo Tolstoy's death in Warsaw satirical and humorous journals. In Leo Tolstoy and world literature. Yasnaya Polyana, “Yasnaya Polyana” Publishing House, 2018, pp. 217–231. (In Russ.)
- The concepts of “youth” and “old age” in the short story “Shakespeare} by Adolf Rudnicki. Conversatoria Litteraria, vol. 11, 2017, pp. 257–269. (In Russ.)
- Scientific, behavioural and narrative strategies of Polish russianist. Toronto Slavic Quarterly, no. 53, 2015, pp. 316–332. (In Russ.)
- “The Tolstoyan Line” in the novel “Shadow of the Dwarf and the Shadow of the Giant” by Władysław Lech Terlecki: on the question of sources and their transformation. In Memoriam Leo Tolstoy. Collection of articles. Kazan, Kazan University Press, 2015, pp. 115–129. (In Russ.)
- On the question of education and self-education in Leo Tolstoy's diaries and in “The Confessions” by Jean-Jacques Rousseau. In Yasnaya Polyana almanac, issue 27. Tula, Museum-Estate of Leo Tolstoy “Yasnaya Polyana”, 2014, pp. 196–205. (In Russ.)
- Dzienniki Lwa Tołstoja: ideał i życie. In Strony autobiografizmu. Warszawa: Wydział Polonistyki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego Publ., 2012, pp. 184–191. (In Polish)
- “Well, why not marry, but then there's so much to do”. Leo Tolstoy's letters to Valeriya Arsen'yeva and the making of an ideal wife. In Yasnaya Polyana almanac. Issue 26. Tula, Museum-Estate of Leo Tolstoy “Yasnaya Polyana”, 2012, pp. 20–33. (In Russ.)
- Facts and their existence in memoirism (Julian Odachowski – Aleksandr Żyrkiewicz – Leo Tolstoy). Acta Polono-Ruthenica, no. 16, 2011, pp. 161–175. (In Russ.)
- Leo Tolstoy and Julian Odachowski. On the relationship. In Leo Tolstoy and of Leo Tolstoy. Issue 4. Moscow, IWL RAS Publ., 2010, pp. 71–89. (In Russ.)
- Towards the problem of aristocratism in Leo Tolstoy's diaries of 1850–1851. Yasnaya Polyana almanac. Issue 26. Tula, Museum-Estate of Leo Tolstoy “Yasnaya Polyana”, 2010, pp. 36–53. (In Russ.)
2011–2014 – Adjunct, Institute of Russian Studies, University of Warsaw
Since 2014 – Adjunct, Institute for Special and Intercultural Communication, University of Warsaw.