DSc in Philology, Professor, Istanbul University, Fatich, Ordu Cad., 6, Istanbul, Turkey
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6124-5747
Graduated from the Pedagogic Faculty at Plovdiv University named after Saint Paisius of Hilendar, Bulgaria, in 1987.
Major: Russian Philology, Minor: Bulgarian Language and Literature.
Qualification: Specialist and teacher of Russian language and literature.
Romanticism in Russian literature (based on the work “Evenings on a Farm Near Dikanka” by Nikolai Gogol (1997)
Natural school in Russian literature (2002)
Scientific and organisational activities:
Head of the Department of Polish Language and Literature, Faculty of Literature, Istanbul University (2009–2012).
Head of the Department of Russian Language and Literature, Faculty of Literature, Istanbul University (2012–2015).
Head of the Interdepartmental Association of Slavic Languages and Literature, Faculty of Literature, Istanbul University (2012–2015).
Member of the Academic Council of the Faculty of Literature, Istanbul University (2012–2015).
Member of the Academic Council of the Humanities Institute of Istanbul University (2012–2015).
Member of the Council of International Relations of Istanbul University (2015–2016).
Member of the Expert Council of the Research Centre for Turkish-Russian Investigations (TURUSIA) at 18 March Çanakkale University, Turkey (since 2019).
Scientific Director of the Institute of Humanities at Istanbul University.
Honours and awards:
2014 –– Honorary plaquette of Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Istanbul “In recognition of the contribution to strengthening Turkish-Russian cultural ties and dissemination of the Russian language and literature in Turkey” (2014)
2019 –– appreciation from the Turkish office for cooperation with Russia “For the contribution to strengthening Russian-Turkish relations in the fields of education and culture”.
Scientific publications — 4 textbooks and monographs; over 80 publications in scientific and academic journals.
Selected scientific publications:
- Speech Development (Part 1). Istanbul, Istanbul University Press, 2003. 226 p. (In Russ.)
- Natural school in Russian Literature, Istanbul, Istanbul University Press, 2003. 231 pp. (In Russ.)
- Ivan S. Turgenev. Istanbul, Tabevi Publ., 2005. 286 p. (In Russ.)
- Russian literature of the first half of the 19th century. Istanbul: Santai, 2011. 300 pp. (In Russ.)
Web of Science / Scopus publications
Olga Lebedeva (Madame Gülnar): A Russian Orientalist and Translator Enchants the Ottomans. Slovo, vol. 29, no. 2, eds. Borimir Totev, (School of Slavonic and East European Studies at University College London), pp. 40–71. DOI https://orcid.org/10.14324/111.0954-6839.065 (In Russ.)
- Russians in Istanbul. Slavistic, no. 24(1), 2020, pp. 83–94. DOI https://orcid.org/10.18485/slavistika.2020.24.1.7. (In Russ.)
- Anton Chekhov on the Turkish stage. Russian and foreign socio-cultural space: society, education, language, no. 9, 2020, pp. 114–121. (In Russ.)
- Cultural perspective on the Russian emigration in Istanbul (1919–1929). In Russian White Emigration a century later 1919–2019, compiled and edited by Oldzhay T. Moscow, Alexander Solzhenitsyn House of Russia Abroad, 2019, pp. 153–193. (In Russ.)
- Ivan Turgenev – personality and heritage in Turkish culture. In Ivan Turgenev – global ambassador of the Russian language. Saint Petersburg State University, 2019, pp. 68–73. (In Russ.)
- Reception of Russian literature in the Turkish journal “Terdjume”. Russian and foreign socio-cultural space: society, education, language, no. 8, 2019, pp. 117–126. (In Russ.)
- From Sevastopol to Istanbul: the story of one emigrant's life “on the other bank”. In The American Scholarly Journal Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science no. CCSES, 3(III), 2018, pp. 464–470. (In English).
- İstanbul’da Rus Mülteci Okulları (1920–1925). Turkish History Education Journal, 2018, no. 7(2), pp. 325–343. (In Turkish).
- Educational institutions for white guard emigrant children in Istanbul. International Journal of Experimental Education, no. 7, 2017, pp. 44–47. (In Russ.)
- St Petersburg in Şehdi Osman efendi Sefâretnâme (1757–1758). In Microhistory and history of everyday life: a new look at historical and cultural populations, eds. V. A. Ganskiy, T. S. Dmitriyeva. Braslaw, Belarusian university book, pp. 67–71. (In Russ.)
- Literary activities of Russian White emigrants in Istanbul. International Journal of Experimental Education, no. 9, 2016, pp. 93–97. (In Russ.)
- The Turks' acquaintance with Rus’ and Russian culture, Racket with cultural codes. In Proceedings in honour of the 65th anniversary of Prof. Ph. Dechka Chavdarova. Shumen, Faber, 2016, pp. 437–438. (In Russ.)
- Educational institutions for White Guard migrant children in Istanbul. International Journal of Experimental Education, no. 7, 2017, pp. 44–47. (In Russ.)
- Russian literature on the Turkish stage. In German literary classics on the Russian screen and Russian one, on the German. Moscow, Press of Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography, 2013, pp. 167–180. (In Russ.)
- Olga Lebedieva and her contribution into the literary relations between Russia and Turkey. Issues of Philology, Language & Literature, 2010, no. 1, pp. 121–126. (In Russ.)
Department of Russian Language and Literature, Faculty of Literature, Istanbul University (since March 2006)
Lectures under the European “Erasmus” Education Programme as a visiting professor abroad:
- Sofia University (Bulgaria, November 2007)
- Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic, September 2012)
- agiellonian University, Kraków (Poland, May 2018).