DSc in Philology, Professor, Director of Research, Institute of literature of T. Shevchenko of National Academy of Sciences of the Ukraine
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4064-5957
He graduated from the Gogol Nezhin State Pedagogical Institute in 1971.
Genre and stylistic uniqueness of the novels by Vasily Narezhny (1981)
Nikolai Gogol's creative work in the context of Baroque literary culture (2003)
Scientific and organisational activities:
Head of Gogol research centre at Hohol Nizhyn State University
Founder and editor-in-chief of the international scholarly collection “Nikolai Gogol (Mykola Hohol) studies” (26 issues).
Honorary titles and awards:
2009 –– Nikolai Gogol International Prize in Italy (Rome).
Scientific publications – about 400, including 6 monographs.
Selected scientific publications:
- Nikolai Gogol: the Ukraine bibliography. Kyiv, Academic periodicals Publ., 2009, 258 p. (co-authored). (In Ukrainian)
- Artistic word, sacred word…: collection of articles and reviews. Nizhyn, Aspect Polygraph publishing house, 2007, 180 p. (In Ukrainian)
- Through the prism of Baroque: articles of different years. Kyiv, Nika Centre publishing house 2002, 334 p. (In Ukrainian)
- Gogol in later years and Baroque: the Ukraine-Russia context. Nizhyn, Aspect Polygraph publishing house, 2002, 208 p. (In Ukrainian)
Preparing for publication (compilation, scientific editing, commentary)
- Nikolai Gogol at Nezhin Gymnasium of the Highest Sciences: anthology of memoirs, compilation and commentaries by Pavel V. Mikhed, Yu. V. Yakubin. St Petersburg, Pushkin House Publ., 2014, 627 p. (In Russ.)
- Aphorisms, sayings, sentences Nikolai Gogol, compiled by Tat’yana Mikhed, Pavel Mikhed; introductory article by Pavel Mikhed. St Petersburg, Pushkin House Publ., 2010, 253 p. (In Russ.)
- Genealogy of Nikolai Gogol. Articles and materials. Moscow, 2009, 236 p. (compiler, comments’ and foreword’s author). (In Russ.)
- Chronicle of Nikolai Gogol's life and creative work: Nezhin period (1820–1828). Nizhyn, Aspect Polygraph publishing house, 2009. 260 p. (project leader). (In Russ.)
- Literary heritage of Ivan and Dmytro Zatyrkevychs. In Heritage: Literary source studies, textology. Kyiv, 2019, vol. XIII – XIY, pp. 216–259. (In Russ.)
- Panteleimon Kulish about Nikolai Gogol's Ukraine profile (from individual to universal). Nikolai Gogol (Mykola Hohol) studies, issue 26, 2020, pp. 107–137. (In Ukrainian).
- Nikolai Gogol in canons of the Ukraine and Russian cultures (remarks to the problem). In Illuminator and romanticist. In memoriam Professor A. A. Smirnov, Lomonosov Moscow State University. Moscow – St Petersburg, 2018, pp. 194–202. (In Russ.)
- Nikolai Gogol and the Poles: Bogdan Jański – an ideologue among the “undead rebels”. In Poles in Nizhyn: history and modernity, Chairwoman of the editorial board F. F. Belinska; compilers F. F. Belinska, M. M Nakonechna. Kamianets-Podilskyi, LLC Printing house RUTA, 2018, pp. 84–93. (In Russ.)
- Nikolai Gogol in Carlsbad (to the biography of the writer). Nikolai Gogol (Mykola Hohol) studies, no. 24, 2018, pp. 210–214. (In Ukrainian).
- Igor Kaczurowskyj and Boris Yarkho. Word & Time, no. 12, 2018, pp. 31–40. (In Ukrainian).
- Nikolai Gogol’s book and prophetism. In Slavonic Studies & New Paradigms and Directions of Socio-Humanitarian Research. Proceedings of the international scientific conference dedicated to the Day of Slavic Literature and Culture. Kyiv, 2017, pp. 110–113. (In Ukrainian).
- Taras Shevchenko's prose and the “natural” school in Russian literature. In Taras Shevchenko and his time. Materials of the Jubilee International Scientific Conference dedicated to the bicentenary of the birth of Taras Shevchenko). St Petersburg, 2016, pp. 173–187. (In Ukrainian).
- Mykola Hohol in the Canon of Ukrainian and Russian Cultures. In Religion, State, Society and Identity in Transition, Ukraine, eds. Rob van der Laarse, Mykhailo N. Cherenkov, Vitaliy V. Proshak, and Tetiana Mykhalchuk, 2015, pp. 69–88. (In English.)
- Nikolai Gogol and Prosper Mérimée. In Issues of Russian Literature: interuniversity scientific collection, issue 29(86), 2014, pp. 41–55. (In Russ.)
- Nikolai Gogol and Félicité Robert de La Mennais. Mykhaylo Yatsenko (to the 90th anniversary of birth). In memoriam: (collection of scientific works), releasing editor Pavel Mikhed. Nizhyn, 2014, pp. 228–254. (In Russ.)
- Taras Shevchenko's prose and the “natural” school in Russian literature . In collection “Dialogue of Two Cultures”. Warsaw-Lublin, 2015. Yearbook IX, Secondary School 1, Kremenets, September 3–7, 2014, pp. 152–159. (In Russ.)
- Nikolai Gogol and West European Christian thought (problems of study). Nel mondo di Gogol = In the World of Nikolai Gogol. Roma, Lithos Publ., 2012, pp. 341–348. (In Russ.)